Application Email: email@example.com
What We Are Looking For:
Montrose celebrates its 10th Anniversary in 2019, and to celebrate we want to do what we do louder, so that the impact of our work becomes better known. We are looking for an ambitious and dynamic Programme Communications Officer to join our Kampala Office. You will be a core member of the Montrose Programmes Team, working closely with our UK, Africa, and Asia-Pacific based colleagues to tell the story of the pragmatic solutions that we deliver through each of our programmes, ensure the impact of our programmes is increasingly well known, and contribute to corporate marketing communications as a result.As a growing company, we are looking for an individual who has a background in development project communications, and can bring innovative ideas to communicating our impact to all types of stakeholder. This will include tailoring programme communication materials to government counterparts, aid agency donors, private sector clients, partner organisations, consultants, and beneficiaries. In addition you will play a key role in implementing the company’s business development publicity strategy, managing project-specific communications on the company website, ensuring excellent use of social media, and leading development of marketing materials. The role offers exciting opportunities for travel to Montrose projects across Africa and Asia-Pacific.
Programme Communications You will :
- Lead the development of marketing and communication materials for our diverse range of projects, including project profiles to be used online, project reports and updates to clients and partners including infographics, and internal project communications materials
- Ensure each project has a social media strategy, and that each project puts out at least quarterly Tweets/LinkedIn and Facebook updates
- Travel to the projects across a range of developing countries, to document project impact and outcomes, and provide communications support to project staff
Business Development Communications and Marketing You will:
- Develop and implement a marketing and communications strategy for Montrose
- Design communication and marketing materials for the company, drawing on the programme communications and selling the impact of Montrose’s diverse portfolio
- Design and manage our social media platforms, and lead the design and content management of the company website.
- Provide technical inputs on programme communications during the development of proposal for new projects.
Technical Support: you will be responsible for delivering capacity building and mentoring within the company and to Project Knowledge Management and Communications personnel.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- A passion for development programme communications which enable better programme results
- At ease working with all types of organisation to improve people's lives
- Exceptional drive, and a willingness to work hard to deliver high quality outcomes
- Strong time management and organisational skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Degree in marketing and communications, web design and development, and/or other relevant discipline
- 3-5 years relevant work experience in development industry communications
- Excellent written and spoken English – additional languages a bonus
- Web development and database management skills a bonus
- Good knowledge of relevant computer software packages
- Comprehensive experience designing and managing diverse social media platforms
- Excellent editorial and writing skills
- Desire to learn and take on new challenges
- Right to work in Uganda
- Ability to travel within Africa and Asia-Pacific as appropriate
- Skills and experience in graphic design a bonus
Interested applicants for this position: please send your CV and a letter explaining why you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 January 2019.