An Education Baseline Study in Papua New Guinea
Project Title: Education Baseline Study Location: Papua New Guinea Client: Private sector client Date: January 2016 – April 2016
Montrose conducted an education baseline study in New Ireland Province, Papua New Guinea. The study involved a comprehensive gap analysis of the local education system.
The client required a baseline study to be undertaken to assess the quality of community education in its Coastal Area of Benefit (CAB) in New Ireland Province. The purpose of the study was to determine areas for future education Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) investments.
A Montrose team of senior education researchers, international project managers, and research consultants carried out the baseline study including a comprehensive gap analysis.
The following work was completed:
- Desk review of all existing information and data on the education policies and strategic plans in the CAB;
- An audit of all elementary and primary schools in the CAB, ascertaining the quantity and quality of school related infrastructure and facilities;
- Gap analysis of education facilities and infrastructure, teacher housing, teacher training and support, and teaching materials and supply chains within the CAB;
- Stakeholder and community interviews and focus group discussions to ascertain attitudes toward quality of education facilities and barriers to children going to school;
- An outline design for the client’s future education CSR investments;
- A Baseline Report, covering all findings above, including presentation of analysis and recommendations to the client.