Montrose is committed to respecting your privacy and acting in line with current laws on data privacy. This privacy notice explains how we collect information from you via our website and how this information is used.
What information do we collect?
- We log the domain and IP address of all visitors to the Montrose website. This information cannot identify individuals, only the computer which is being used to access the website. The information we collect in this way is used for statistical purposes only and is not passed on to a third party.
- We collect information from you when you apply as a consultant/employee, share your CV with us unsolicited, respond to a survey or communication such as e-mail, or participate in another site feature.
- We may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or other information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
- Like many websites, we use "Cookies" to enhance your experience and gather information about visitors and visits to our websites. Please refer to the ‘Do we use "Cookies"?’ section below for information about cookies and how we use them.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you apply online, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To personalise your site experience.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To administer a promotion, survey or other site feature.
How do we protect visitor information?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information. We will only hold your personal data if we have a clear legal basis for doing so. This may be for one of the following purposes:
- “Legitimate interest”- this could be where we track your IP address and information gained by Cookies in order to aid your use of our website and for our business purposes.
- “Necessary for performing a contract”- this is where we hold your data if it is necessary for contractual purposes, and when we would not comply to a contract without holding this data.
- “Consent” – this is where we set out specific circumstances where we want to process your personal data and request your consent for this. We will make sure that your consent is explicit. We will usually ask you to tick a box (or similar) to confirm that you have provided your consent. If you have any queries about the specifics of this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- “Compliance with a legal obligation” – this is where we might need to process your personal data in order to comply with a common law or statutory obligation. We will only process your personal data for this reason if it is necessary, and we would not otherwise be able to comply with that legal obligation without such processing.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. All sensitive information you supply is entered into our databases to be only accessed as stated above.
Do we use "Cookies"?
However, disabling your Cookies will not interfere with the functionality of this site and you have the right to choose to do this.
Do we disclose the information we collect to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide you with advance notice, except as described below. The term "outside parties" does not include Montrose International LLP nor Montrose Africa Ltd. It also does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property, or safety.
We welcome your questions, comments, and concerns about privacy. If you have any questions regarding your personal data and how we use it, including any queries relating to this Policy, please contact us at email@example.com.