Quality education delivery at all levels in a developing country setting is increasingly recognised as key to sustainable economic development.
Montrose applies this understanding through our extensive education sector design, implementation and evaluation programming for extractive industry and development agency clients.
Our education sector services cover basic essentials, higher quality focus and innovative applications for greater economic prosperity. Specific areas include:
- Improving enrolment, retention and teaching quality in primary and secondary schools
- School infrastructure improvements in remote, challenging environments
- Teacher training quality improvement through both pre-service and in-service training programmes, including support to teacher training institutes and education departments of higher education institutions
- Girl-child focus and gender expertise, including female enrolment and retention drives
- Vocational and skills training programmes, often linked to local enterprise and pro-poor market development
- Curriculum and teaching and learning materials design and review services, especially maths and science focus
- Scholarship programme design and management services
- Mobile data and technology applications in education settings