An informed and effective civil society has the potential to drive service provision, particularly to vulnerable groups and hard to reach communities; boost transparency and accountability, by providing a community voice; and expand the impact of projects by supporting catalytic change at community level.
The value that civil society can bring to commercial companies, national governments, international development agencies and ultimately, citizens, is being increasingly recognised. As such, Montrose has provided a range of service options to help clients maximise the benefits from civil society engagement. These include:
- Stakeholder engagement – these provide commercial clients, for instance, with an opportunity to target their social investment appropriately; improve community acceptance and ultimately underwrite their social licence to operate;
- Policy roll out – ranging from training and gap anaylsis to behaviour change communication, we provide a range of project interventions aimed at translating policy recommendations into practical community solutions;
- Transparency & Accountability – Using a range of engagement models from meetings to media, Montrose civil society projects enhance the feedback mechanisms between both clients and communities; and governments and citizens.
- Capacity strengthening – both for civil society umbrellas and individual implementing partners. This increases the market of empowered and competent local entities to support a range of development projects, while ensuring sustainability through improved local capacity;
- Fund management – ranging from due diligence assessments, financial management mentoring and training, organisational design, and monitoring - Montrose provides technical, financial, and risk management services to deliver client support to civil society organisations in a responsible and enabling manner.